WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about "an identifiable individual" or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from you from time to time include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and birth date. In addition, from time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information regarding your interests, occupation, and background. Finally, from time to time, we may acquire demographic and other information about you (e.g. your occupation and interests) in order to serve you better.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information to provide you with helpful, relevant information and the best shopping experience on our site and in our emails. In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- To deposit loyalty earnings and discounts (e.g., product review discount, Global Chocolateur's Club points etc.)
- To administer contests run on our site or on Facebook®;
- To manage and develop Ü Chocolate for the World’s business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Ü Chocolate for the World;
- Any other purpose we may indicate to you from time to time.
WHAT HAPPENS TO INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ON A CONTEST ENTRY?
Ü Chocolate for the World uses a variety of contests and similar promotions to increase awareness of our business. We generally request contact information so that we can notify you if you are a prize-winner. As well, in some cases we may contact contest entrants with product information. Contest entries generally include a way for you to indicate that you do not want to be contacted based on the information on your entry.
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) Disclosure to Service Providers: We may disclose your personal information to companies or individuals that provide services on our behalf, including our shipping suppliers, software developers (including website developers and hosts), data processing providers, document management providers, marketing services and office services providers. We will only provide those third parties with the information they need to deliver the service(s) contracted for and we will ensure that they enter into agreements with us to protect the personal information that they receive.
- (b) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure: Ü Chocolate for the World may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Ü Chocolate for the World has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to Ü Chocolate for the World’s legal counsel. If you would prefer for us NOT to share your information as described above, simply inform us (see "Contact Us" below).
CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At Ü Chocolate for the World, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. In particular, you always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the service(s) or information you requested (see "Contact Us" below). E-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and an "Unsubscribe" option.
WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
Your personal information is stored on servers in secured locations at the offices of our service providers. For access to your personal information, please contact us using the contact form in the "Contact Us" section.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Upon written request, subject to certain exceptions, Ü Chocolate for the World will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent using the contact information in the "Contact Us" section. If Ü Chocolate for the World determines not to provide you access to your personal information, we will provide an explanation. Individuals may request the correction of their personal information, and Ü Chocolate for the World will make the necessary correction(s).
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Only authorized employees and suppliers have access to your personal information.Ü Chocolate for the World retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purpose(s) or as otherwise required or allowed by law. Also, if you send us an email message, we may retain that message and your email address, as well as any response we send you.
For your convenience, a search function is provided on our site. We keep logs of the words searched to learn more about what kind of information our visitors are seeking and thus improve our services. For your convenience, Ü Chocolate for the World’s site sometimes contain hyperlinks to websites managed by third parties. By activating these hyperlinks, you will leave our site for those of the third parties, which may have different privacy policies and practices than Ü Chocolate for the World. Ü Chocolate for the World cannot be held liable for the use of such third party websites. We believe that Ü Chocolate for the World’s advertising does not appeal directly to children 13 years old and under. We do not knowingly direct our advertising at children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law. No personal information should be submitted to or posted on our sites by individuals under 18 years of age without the permission of a parent or guardian.